Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

heartbroken...


I haven't posted in a number of days. I haven't had the words to express how heartbroken I am over a little boy. Even now I don't have the words but I can't keep waiting around. He doesn't have the time. This is Alexander.

He has down syndrome, is 5 years old, and a few months ago he was transferred to a mental institution. I have seen his photo a number of times on Reece's Rainbow and always thought he had a cute smile. And that's where it ended for me. Then I saw this video of Alexander while he was still at the orphanage and my heart was broken into a million pieces. It is short. Please watch it.


That sweet face. That big smile. That beautiful spirit. I wish we could bring him home with Vlad. But at this point in the process, it just can't happen. We would have to wait till Vlad's adoption is complete. And that means Alexander would have to wait. And that just breaks my heart all over again and fills me with a level of anger that just hurts.

I hate that he is waiting.
I hate that no one has picked him to be part of a family.
I hate that I am heartbroken and yet I am so helpless to change his situation.
I hate that this feels like when my mom was dying and there was nothing I could do but watch.

I don't want to stand by and watch. I want to do something for I know deep in my heart that God loves this little boy far more than I ever could and His plan for Alexander is somehow perfect though I can't see it yet. All I can see is that he needs a family and someone to love and protect that face, that smile, that spirit.

Alexander is listed here on Reece's Rainbow. If you want more information about him or how to adopt him, PLEASE contact me. I will do anything I can to get this sweet boy a family.

1 comment:

  1. How can I get this video??? Can you send me the hot link - I can't get it off your blog. I want to post it too. I have been screaming about Alexander for months!! covenantb@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete