Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

that smile
















Just had to post this photo. The smile says it all. This was Syrus on Christmas. He was so excited, and giggly, and just plain giddy! However, I have to say that I see this face a lot on this boy. It is not rare. I hear him giggling and see that smile every day.

Then I got to thinking that I have no photos of Vlad where he is smiling. Not one. I have never seen that boy smile. I don't know what makes Vlad grin. I don't know what his laugh sounds like. I don't even know if he actually has teeth! But I'm hoping that one day, I will have his laugh memorized; I will know each and every one of his giggles; and that his smile and laughter will become a daily occurrence.

1 comment:

  1. Any news on a date? We sent our dossier Saturday am and I'm watching your adoption for a time table of traveling. I'm a teacher, also. So, finding a sub, sub plans, the whole works is a lot to get accomplished in a short time. Hope you hear soon:)

    ReplyDelete