Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

syrus and vlad


I love this kid. Syrus. Sweet and hilarious, stubborn and bossy all wrapped into one little boy. If you have never met him, here are some of the sweet and hilarious things about him

Syrus has had a cold for the last two and a half weeks. I have a little bit of that cold because when he gives kisses they are long, slobbery, and fully planted on my face.

Syrus knows what it means to "be nice" because when I tell him to do so, he makes a soft little "ahhhh" sound and slowly pets your hair.

Syrus frequently drags me to the piano to play a duet and plays his tambourine whenever an episode of GLEE is on the television.

Syrus loves to ride on his dad's shoulders, holding onto fistfuls of his dad's hair.

And Syrus is about to get a brother named Vlad from the other side of the world.

After an afternoon with Syrus, Vlad will surely know what kisses, being nice, riding on dad's shoulders, and GLEE are. Vlad has no idea what is about to come into his life. But he is about to understand what it means to be loved and bossed around by a little brother and that is going to change his world.

Syrus and Vlad. I can't wait to watch.

8 comments:

  1. I can't wait to watch either!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, he is ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made me teary...thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I <3 it, Corbett!!! I will most certainly have to come see Vlad and share Alexander with you guys too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,

    You don't know me, but I've really been inspired by your story. I came across your blog because I'm dating Nicole Nehmer, who knows you from Wheaton. I have a huge heart for adoption, as I think it is one of the clearest way to tangibly live out the gospel in a child's life. We were adopted into God's family, so why shouldn't we do the same for an orphan here on earth? Thank you for your example and willingness to love! I don't have much, but I just contributed to your fund and I'll be praying for your family!

    David

    ReplyDelete