Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

SHUNNED

Vlad is sick. So we are on SHUN. We had to miss our morning visit in order to go to an office to sign some documents, and when we went to our afternoon visit, we were turned away by the nannies. SHUNNED. They said Vlad had a fever and was in bed, so we weren't allowed to see him. And we can't see him tomorrow. STILL ON SHUN. Hopefully we can see him on Thursday if he is better. UN-SHUN?

I was so disappointed. And when we got in the car. My eyes began to fill and big hot tears began to run down my face. When it comes to your son, you don't want anyone else to put you on shun. And when your son is sick, the one thing you want to do is hold him and comfort him. I was so angry. Not at the nannies. It's not their fault. That's what you do when a child is sick in an orphanage. You get him away from all the other kids so he can get better and not get anyone else sick. I was angry because there was nothing I could do. It hasn't been made official by a person in a judge's black robe that I am Vlad's mom, so I am still a nobody without any say in what he needs or wants. But, to me, in my heart, I am his mom. And the person you want when you are sick is your mom. I know. I still want my mom when I am sick. And the big hot tears roll down my face even now because she isn't here to make it all better. And that's what I want for Vlad -- I want to make it all better. Not just his being sick. But everything in his little life. I just want to make it all better.

Deep breath. Okay. A few prayer requests....

If you could pray for little Vlad who is sick, that he would get better quickly...
If you could pray that we would get a court date, so we can get the process moving...
If you could pray that we get assigned the right judge, that would grant us favor...
If you could pray that when we have court, that the judge would waive the 10 day waiting period, so Vlad can come home ASAP...

Those are things that can make it all better.

13 comments:

  1. Praying for you guys and Vlad Corbett!!! I am in tears as I read this- keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww... praying here Corbett!! I was wondering about court... no date yet though, eh? What's the hold up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, the prayer train is rolling, steaming all of it's uncontrollable metal towards God, Conductor Man, on Vlad's behalf-- Love you guys...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, how sad. I know the pain of having your son in your heart, but not yet on paper. Prayers for a speedy recovery and court date.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for a speedy and complete recovery for Vlad. Also praying that none of you get sick. Corbett, I have a case of children's liquid Tylenol that I would like to send to the orphanage. If you think they would use it please send me the address.

    ReplyDelete
  6. praying for you all and for the barriers to be overcome under the power of Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for you guys...that the One who can make everything better would wrap all of you in his arms and bring peace to your hearts during this time of transition May this be the last time that Vlad is sick without his mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying each of these things for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be praying...specifically...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, i so remember going through things like that when we adopted our daughter from Zambia. We had to learn to expect the unexpected, but also realize that our unexpected IS God's expected!

    Patti (faber) Hupp

    ReplyDelete