Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

leaving on a jet plane...

Our bags are packed. Our tickets in hand. Our hearts at peace. I can't believe we leave today. Such an exciting and crazy couple of weeks are ahead of us. Syrus is sitting on the floor watching Sesame Street and I can't help but think that the next time he is doing that, Vlad could very well be sitting next to him. I don't have my heart or mind completely wrapped around it yet.

Everyone keeps asking how we are doing. I think the answer is peaceful. I feel very calm about this adventure we are taking. I'm just thrilled to meet Vlad.

Some prayer requests:
1. Easy travel -- we will arrive in Vlad's country tomorrow but we have long flights ahead of us. I am feeling physically great. I just pray that Syrus will sleep and actually enjoy the flights. He has flown many times before, but not across an ocean for such a long time!

2. Big V -- I keep thinking that Vlad is about to go through a major life transition where he is taken from everyone and everything he has ever known -- all his friends, the nannies, the food, the language. And while he is going to get a family, I'm sure he will grieve and it will be hard on his little 3 year old self.

3. Little Sy -- Syrus is also about to go through a big transition. He is getting a brother and is going to have to share his mom and dad and his place as the center of attention. I'm sure there will be some grieving on his part too.

4. Our court date -- once we meet Vlad we will wait for a court date. Once we have that court date, we are praying that the judge will waive the ten day appeal period that comes after our court date and let us take Vlad home immediately. I know this may seem to some as a ridiculous thing to hope for as the region he is in never waives the ten day wait. But, I am still going to ask God for it. I have asked Him for a lot of things that seemed equally if not more ridiculous and He always has the best answer.

5. Health for Syrus, for me, for Josh, for Nancy (Josh's mom) -- that this trip would be an amazing time of bonding with each other and with Vlad and we would stay healthy.

Thanks for all the support and encouragement from all of you -- all the comments here and on Facebook are always SUCH a huge blessing to us. We couldn't do this without the tangible embrace we have felt from all of our friends and family. I will keep the blog updated -- and of course there will be pictures and videos which are far more exciting than my ramblings. :)

So, I guess we are "leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again" but I do know who will be coming back with us. Big V, himself -- our son, Vlad.

8 comments:

  1. YAAAAYYYYYY!!!!

    I am SO EXCITED for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am on pins and needles... Can't wait!! Blessings and peace as you cross the ocean to rescue your sweet one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOHOOOOOOOO!!!! We're clearing out 17!!! SO excited for you!! Can't wait to follow your trip!! LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You stole my about-to-get-on-the-plane blog post title! lol

    I am so excited for you!!! I'm praying for smooth travels! Everything is going to be great!

    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Following your every step and will be following you in the air soon. So excited for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited this day has arrived. I've been folloiwng your blog for awhile now, and it seems almost surreal that you are leaving!!! I've always been drawn to Vlad cute little face, I can't wait to see more pictures of him and how he has grown!! Many prayers as you 'leave on the jet plane".

    ReplyDelete
  7. Safe Travel Mrs B and good luck for all that is coming to you and Mr B and of course Syrus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. REALLY excited for you!!!!!! I can't WAIT to follow your journey and live vicariously through you;)

    ReplyDelete