Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

trucking along

I love this photo of Vlad -- sure it's from far away and he's not looking at the camera or anything. But still I love that he is in his half-tucked in yellow shirt, blue shorts, and gray tights, and he is trucking along back to his place with the kids.

This is what I imagine him looking like when I meet him for the first time -- I picture him with the same half-smile on his face, walking with big strides right into my arms and me pulling him close for the first of many hugs. How sweet it will be for him to come trucking along back to his place with the Buricks.

5 comments:

  1. this blog melts my heart every time i read the posts. Your strength amazes me, Mrs. Burick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vlad caught my eye awhile ago and I am always so happy when I come to your blog to check on him and there is a wonderful picture and an update. Praying God continues to move mountains as you work to bring your son home. I also have to say I loved the poem you posted below. Thinking of him feeling the wind on his cheek...and it's really a kiss from his Momma. Makes me cry just thinking about it. Hang in there little guy...your Mommy and Daddy are coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks like he spots something he wants and is going after it! He looks happy:) I think maybe the little boy holding the woman's hand is Tanner...I can hope ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That IS Tanner Amanda!! I have a couple of other photos of him too... I thought I sent them to you... email me!

    Corbitt, you KNOW how I feel about your little man. I can SO see him in your family, and I've never met you! LOL He knows you're coming (or at least that you are nice because you sent him a soft fluffy blanket! hehe)!! Keep plugging away at the paperwork, and when it seems like it's too much, look at that precious little face! Love ya girlie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Corbett and Josh! Just wanted to stop by and say I will be praying for you with the adoption and pregnancy. God bless!

    grace
    Former student (WA class of 2000)

    ReplyDelete