Pages

Monday, December 20, 2010

Making a list, and checking it twice

Santa isn't the only one with a list. I have mine too -- a list of what has happened over the last 10 days. I just keep going back over it -- what a blessing!

Here is my list:
*First semester ended and finals have been graded.
*Syrus sat on Santa's lap -- hilarious pictures to be shared. :)
*Christmas shopping is SO close to done!
*I got almost our entire dossier approved! Just a couple documents left.
*On Wednesday we have our immigration fingerprints.
*Got our blood tests done for our dossier.
*Syrus has taken five steps in a row!
*All the money has been raised to adopt Vlad -- such a humbling miracle!
*And I have been praying and praying for the vote in the Ukraine.

Ah yes, the vote. It is currently scheduled for Wednesday the 22nd in the morning (which would be somewhere between midnight and 4am our time). I am trying so hard to NOT panic and cry all the time. That is my usual go-to in a time like this. I really want to trust in God's plan -- I just feel like I have had my heart ripped out so many times in the last three years that trusting Him isn't my go-to for sure. It's usually my last move after I have completely lost it. :) So, yeah, "working on trusting God with my son Vlad so that we can adopt him" is definitely going on my list of things to work on for this week. :)

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you and Josh during this time. Our faith journey is complicated, messy, heart-wrenching, but so worth it! I cannot imagine the roller-coaster your family has been on with Vlad's adoption, but I do know a thing or two about having my faith tested to the core. Remember the picture of Jesus at the RIGHT HAND of His Father - Our Father - interceding for you and for me! Thank you for the reminder that I am a work in progress and at the feet of Jesus is where I belong! Blessings, Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're praying, too, and looking forward in faith to seeing the precious little boy finally in your home.

    ReplyDelete