Pages

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

God's blessings just continue...

So I had an AMAZING conversation with Immigration (USCIS). I called to see how our application was moving and a woman answered the phone. She looked for our case and said that it had not yet been assigned to an officer yet. I was of course disappointed and explained to her how Vlad's country is considering becoming a Hague country and that would mean it would close down on international adoptions for who knows how long. She said she knew about the situation and would speak with her supervisor and call me back on my cell phone. I hung up the phone thinking, "Yeah, right. She'll never call me back."

Boy was I wrong! A few hours later she called and said she opened our file and saw the photo of Vlad I had sent in with our application. She went on and on about adorable he is and said SHE requested to be our assigned officer and her supervisor said yes! She gave me our fingerprinting appointments and said she already looked over our application and homestudy and everything looks good! She needs one minor detail added to our homestudy and then once we have our fingerprints done, she will approve us! How amazing is that! She gave me her name and said to "call if I need anything or if there is anything else she can do to help us adopt this adorable little boy." I was FREAKING OUT!!! I have heard horror stories about immigration but evidently ours will not be one of them. What an incredible blessing!

AND, our sweet homestudy social worker sent me this poem because she said it reminded her of Vlad. She is another example of one of the blessings God has placed on this road to adopt sweet Vlad. I get emotional every time I read this.
I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams.
You are here each day with me, at least that's how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are... what's taking us so long.
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God hold you in His hand until I can be with you.
I promise you, my darling, I'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

--- Unknown

4 comments:

  1. Corbett God is really blessing you~ It's amazing how much He makes himself known when we totally surrender and yield to His will~ What a beautiful picture...I could just see you FREAKING OUT~ That is AWESOME~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there sister!! You will be holding your boy soon, I just know it!! Wouldn't it be cool if you and Jessica were there together to get Vlad and Danil??!! Praying for you!! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corbett - Thanks for sharing. The poem gives me goosebumps! I'm so glad you had a good experience with USCIS. We were one of the horror stories when we filed our I-600A in the spring, but I just called them last week and spoke with two super helpful ladies. I hope this means they're moving in a good direction over there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being an adoptive parent (China 4/10), and active in adoptive blogs, I KNOW that your experience with USCIS was very rare, and very God ordained. YEA!!! Eph 3:20-21 was our adoption verse: "God has given us exceedingly more than we could ask or imagine according to HIS great and mighty power. . ."Isn't it so cool when we see HIS working?! M. Chiang

    ReplyDelete