Pages

Friday, November 26, 2010

little syrus

This face. So thankful for this face. My son, Syrus. I am so thankful for him, for his brother Vlad across the ocean, for the new little one arriving in June. And I am so thankful for my sweet husband who has taken care of me over the last three days as I have struggled with major nausea -- it has been rough. Josh has been amazing as usual. The most selfless and generous man I know. I've had a lot of time to think while I have been sick and I have been reminded again and again of how good the Lord has been to me and my family. How He is always there to walk me through the next step or to help me jump the next hurdle or to carry me across the next raging river. And I see it all the time when I look into the eyes of my son. It's like he knows the secrets of who God is and what He is doing way before I do. Syrus crawls up to snuggle with me when I am feeling the worst and makes me laugh when I am feeling particularly cynical. This kid and God are definitely on the same team. And it's good to know they are rooting for me. :)

2 comments:

  1. He is G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S., Corbett. Seriously. Oh, and I'm so glad to hear that everything is going good with the USCIS stuff! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing your journey, Corbett and Josh. God fills my heart reading every single one of your posts and I talk about your family every opportunity I get. I'll continue praying and hopefully if we ever make it back to Chicago, we can meet your one, soon to be three little ones!

    ReplyDelete