Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

waiting

We had our last homestudy appointment on Monday -- it was great. We have had such a great experience with our social worker and the whole agency. I can't believe it is done. Well.... done except for the out-of-state clearances. We are STILL waiting on those. Every day is precious and we need each one. I just keep praying that God will hand deliver them to us so our homestudy can be officially done and on its way to DCFS.

Ugh. I hate waiting.

I hated it when my dad was sick. I hated it when my mom was on the transplant list. I hated it when Syrus was getting tested for Down Syndrome. I just hate it. And yet, I know that there is something mysteriously good in the midst of the waiting. I know it provides me with an undeniable opportunity to do what I am told -- to wait on the Lord. Not wait on state governments or immigration or Ukrainian bureaucracy, but wait on the Lord.

My focus always seems to go straight to my obstacle to try to solve the problem and climb over it myself. I am the classic control freak after all. Yet, I knew when I got into this adoption process that there would be a built-in waiting time. There was no way around that. So, rather than trying to change my waiting time, I am going to USE my waiting time. I am not going to stress out every day by running to the mail box, making five million phone calls for updates, pacing around my home worrying. I will not direct my waiting at these things. I will direct my waiting to the Lord.

(Not sure what that's going to look like yet, but it sure feels good.)

1 comment:

  1. Hey, adopting is JUST like really being pregnant!! The paperwork/dossier stuff is the first trimester...it even makes you sick sometimes!! The time from when we mail our dossier to EE until we actually hit the air to go to EE is the second trimester. The paperwork is done, the appointments come pretty soon, you can see the light at the end of the tunnel! The time that we are in EE is the third trimester! BABY time!! :) We visit, we bond, we bring our sweeties home!! Of course, you don't get a cool baby shower before the "birth" or an epidural during the worst part, but the reward is WORTH it ALL!!! :) I can't wait to meet your little guy while I'm there to get Timothy!! And once we're all home, we'll have to have a reunion with the boys!!

    ReplyDelete