Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

his name is Danil

Ok, I am the type of person who keeps my problems to myself and doesn't like to lean on anyone when I am hurting. But this is just too big for me. I have been hurting for this little boy.

His name is Danil. He is in the same orphanage as Vlad. He is already 4 years old. In November, he will be transferred to an institution from which no one has ever been adopted.

He is a lot like Syrus. He has Down Syndrome and is sweet, gentle, and quiet. He is healthy, with no heart condition. He eats and sleeps well, is social and active with other children. He would make a great addition to any family. There is no reason he should spend his life in an institution. It's just not right.

Josh and I have been praying for Danil every day. Praying that his family will find him in time. Hoping that someone might be inspired to adopt him and invite the kind of sweetness and love into their family that we have every day with Syrus.

Oh, I hurt for this little guy. His name is Danil.


8 comments:

  1. Awww...This is Brenda's friend Karen. He is so adorable. I'd open my home up to him in an instant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this child! I just inquired about him two days ago but am lost as to how to get things done as fast as they need to be done - including raising money. Any suggestions??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gigi -- This is SO exciting! Give me your email and lets chat right away! The main thing you need to do is let Reece's Rainbow know you are interested in him and get the process started. Much like Vlad, when the orphanage knows someone is coming for a child, they will hold him rather than transfer him. PLEASE email me and I will do whatever I can to help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, We are missionaries in Kiev and are in adoption process, my parents' friends gave us your contact. Please send us an email if you would like to make connection ufc@ua.fm
    Thanks!
    Audra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gigi -- If you are still interested, my email is cburick@wheatonacademy.org - let's talk and go from there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Gigi,
    I don't know if you are still considering Danil, but I just wanted to encourage you that it is totally possible to make it happen in a short amount of time, even the fundraising. Have you contacted Andrea from Reece's Rainbow to get the process started or are you still thinking about it? Let me know if you have any questions. I'm here to help! My email is cburick@wheatonacademy.org
    Praying for you!
    Corbett :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, I didn't know he was to be transferred so soon. I heard he had a family through this blog: http://familyrunningtherace.blogspot.com/2010/10/danil-has-family.html But I can't find any info about the family. Danil has been in my heart for two years: http://whereisthumbkin.blogspot.com/2008/11/i-would-love-to-share-something-with.html Please, if anyone finds out anything, I would love to follow his adoption journey.

    ReplyDelete