Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

here

Tomorrow is the day! On Saturday afternoon, Josh gets on a plane to get Vlad! This is what his trip should look like:

Sunday -- arrive in Vlad's country and stay overnight
Monday -- arrive in his region and go for an afternoon visit with Vlad -- I am SO jealous!
Tuesday -- the ten day wait is over -- pick up court decree -- get new birth certificate and apply for Vlad's passport
Wednesday and Thursday -- visit Vlad in the morning and afternoon
Friday -- pick up passport (it takes four days so it should be ready by then)
Saturday -- GOTCHA DAY! -- throw a party for Vlad's group and bust him out of the orphanage for good
Sunday -- return to the capitol city and meet up with Josh's sister (so cool that she is coming!)
Monday and Tuesday -- U.S. embassy appointments for Vlad to get a medical exam and a visa
Wednesday and Thursday -- fly home one of these days depending on how everything above goes

Josh and I went out on a date tonight and we watched a bunch of the videos and looked through a number of the photos of Vlad, and we both got really excited to bring him home. And folks, he will be coming home in time to celebrate his first Easter with his new family. I can hardly believe it. In less than two weeks, he will be playing HERE in our home and sleeping HERE in his bed and snuggling HERE on my lap. HERE. All here.

We would love to have all of your prayers for traveling safety and for all of the documents to be easily acquired. And please pray for Vlad's transition out of the orphanage and into our family. It is time. Time for him to be here.

15 comments:

  1. So exciting, Corbett! :) I can't wait to see pics of him HOME with y'all!!! <3 Praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! I will be praying! When is baby 3 going to arrive? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAHOOOOOOOO!!!!! Praying for safe travels for Josh AND VLAD!! I am so excited! God is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited! Will be praying for your family

    ReplyDelete
  5. The plot thickens in The Burick Adventure. Will Vlad make it home before Burick Baby #3 arrives on the scene? The world awaits the climax. Love you all and praying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited that Vlad is ALMOST home! It's been really fun and encouraging to follow your journey. We are down to one last piece of paper (that lovely I-171h) before we send our dossier. I just started a blog about our adoption (and just life in general). Check it out if you have a minute (between preparing for your two new additions :)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy travels! Can't wait until your little guy is home safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So exciting! Safe travels Josh and Vlad. I know you will all be so happy to finally be together at HOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so excited for all of you! Can't wait to hear the updates and see pictures of him at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My mom sent me the link to your blog the other day, and I just finished reading the whole thing. What an amazing story. Thank you for sharing it. We will be praying for you guys. I was wondering if you would mind if I put a link to your blog on my own? Some good friends of mine are hoping to adopt in the nearish future (either out of US foster care or a child from overseas with a disability), and I think your story would be a great encouragement to them.

    Anyway, you can leave me a comment on my blog: skywalker72521.xanga.com and let me know if that would be ok...

    Praying for you guys and this last stage of your journey (and the first stage of a whole new one!)

    ~Jenelle (Walker) Schmidt

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for Josh & Vlad's safe travels and everything to go smoothly. What a great Easter gift!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woohoo!!! I'll be praying for all of you and we do look forward to meeting Vlad (and the new one!) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so wonderful, Corbett....SOOOOO WONDERFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Guys, I get teary-eyed nearly every time I read your blog. (Thx JR, Christina.) Congratulations on your new addition and do keep us posted on everything that happens (as you are) as I'm sure if you encounter any problems, there are many hands waiting to help. I have a vague idea of where you are and can try to hook you up with some locals.

    ReplyDelete